RCM is currently recruiting for a Dell warranty field technician
This is an open-ended contract opportunity to work as a consultant to repair desktops, laptops, and printers. The Candidate will perform desktop computer “Break/Fix” support and Simple to Complex Installation, Add, or Change requirements of peripherals & Device Drivers. This is a great opportunity for the right individual.
The troubleshooting has already occurred through the Dell help desk support line. That support line has determined the problem is hardware related and ordered the components for replacement.
Your job will be to pick up the hardware and take it to the client site (home, home-based business or small business), swap the part(s) out and return the warranty part(s) to Dell.
This contract pays $27.00 per ticket within 50 miles and $35.00 per ticket from 51-75 miles, and you will be assigned an average of 4-8 tickets a day. The mileage is included in the price per ticket.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides quality customer service and support for designated equipment.
· Escalates problems to appropriate next level of support when necessary.
· Monitors assigned service calls to ensure timely completion.
· Ensures all time reporting, expense reporting, and other required reports are accurate and submitted on time.
· Completes all administrative duties correctly and promptly
· Meets or exceeds various service levels as established by assignment (calls per day, ETA’s, on-time response, administrative call closure, customer satisfaction.)
· Responsible for ensuring on-going maintenance and development of positive customer relationships with all business partners and customers.
· Ensures that quality and service level goals are achieved in a timely manner.
· At least 2/3 years hands on experience working on hardware repairs and/or upgrades on pc’s, laptops and printers.
· A+ certification, Associate’s Degree in Electronics, formal PC hardware service courses, or similar military related training can replace a year of hands on experience.
· Must be comfortable swapping out motherboards (Desktop experience necessary, laptop experience desired)
· Must have experience diagnosing/troubleshooting hardware issues on pc, laptops, and printers.
· Proficiency in desktop support of Clients’ individual PCs. Minimum operating system knowledge includes: Microsoft Windows 9x, 2000 and XP
· Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking, hubs and switches
· Support of computer networks, as directed by a Level II or III Engineer/Technician
· A+ certification is preferred
· Dell Certification is a plus ( If you do not have one we will pay for you to get dell certified)
· Must enjoy driving, you will be driving from location to location
· Must have your own tools for repairing computers that include anti-static protection and DC volt-meter
· Must have your own reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
· Ability to locate addresses in your immediate area
· Must dress business casual for the position. No jeans or tennis shoes.
· Must be well organized
If you are qualified, available, interested, planning to make a change please forward a recent copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, even if we have spoken recently about a different position. If you do respond via e-mail please include your resume and a daytime phone number so I can reach you. In considering candidates, time is of the essence, so please respond ASAP.