Talent Family, a well-respected Microsoft niche staffing firm that provides .Net, MCSE, and Dynamics talent for Microsoft partners is looking for a Microsoft Systems Engineer in the greater Washington DC area. Do you have what it takes?
Senior Microsoft Systems Engineer is responsible for the design, build, test, implementation, re-evaluation, and support of network infrastructure, thereby translating client business requirements into stable and highly reliable network solutions. This position requires specialized expertise with Windows 2003/2008, Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange 2003/2007, SMS/SCCM and MOM/SCOM. Additionally, experience with Rights Management, Identity Management, Microsoft Security, Virtualization, Desktop Management and Unified Communications is desirable. An understanding of Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF) and Infrastructure Optimization is required.
The ideal candidate is a critical thinker who is expert in designing and implementing enterprise-wide infrastructure platforms. In addition to requirements definition and design/architecture skills, a senior systems engineer must be experienced with project management, project implementation, partner/vendor/third-party management, detailed and comprehensive documentation, testing, performance monitoring, and troubleshooting associated with follow-on support involving Microsoft Technologies. This position requires an individual who can lead efforts to deliver the highest quality Microsoft-based services and maintain high levels of client satisfaction.
Corporate culture is that of consummate customer support. The right-fit systems engineer will know, and perform to, stated SLAs and will work to set and manage customer expectations. He/she will have an exceptional level of experience as a technical consultant in the pre-sales phase, as well as experience as an engagement manager in the delivery phase.
The expectations listed below apply to this engineering position:
• Act as a pre-sales technical resource, visiting numerous existing and prospective clients to provide technical consulting, site analysis and overall technical project recommendations
• Review, interpret and act upon client requests and/or scope changes
• Create and present technical presentations
• Act as systems engineer on multiple projects across all phases including architecture reviews, analysis, planning, design, testing, production rollout and ongoing support
• Attend project planning and status meetings
• Monitor project progress and status
• Provide timely reporting of completed projects/milestones
• Interface with engineers and inside sales to identify project delays due to missing hardware/software items and work with operations to resolve these issues
• Work with client and other engineers to help assure that work being performed is kept within scope of project
• Work with account manager to set proper expectations with client
• Provide services required to “own” customer issues until they are resolved
• Act as a subject matter expert on multiple topics
• Follow deliverable templates and best practices documents for practice area resources
• Follow service descriptions, sales and pricing guides, assessments and service offerings
• Provide engineering services for projects including architecture reviews, analysis, planning, design, testing, production rollout and ongoing support